From: Ken Masters <kmasters@ithealthed.com>
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Sent: Wed, May 11, 2011 1:47:27 AM
Subject: RE: Google Book Scanning

Hi All

An intriguing and disturbing story indeed.

And in the midst of everything else, one wonders how the managers
could not have seen the issues regarding labelling the 'lowest'
of the labour classes with YELLOW badges, and having those lower
class workers with the yellow badges denied the privileges given
to the others in their immediate environment.  Perhaps I'm being
overly sensitive, but, my goodness, I can only guess that the
managers and IT supervisory staff just hadn't studied their
European history.

Regards

Ken

Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
Medical Education Unit
College of Medicine & Health Sciences
Sultan Qaboos University
Sultanate of Oman
E-i-C: The Internet Journal of Medical Education