From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Joseph Esposito
Sent: 10 May 2011 00:15
To: Liblicense-L@Lists. Yale. Edu
Subject: Google Book Scanning

A friend has just called my attention to a fascinating piece
about the people who do the actual scanning for the Google Books
project.  Here is the link:

http://www.andrewnormanwilson.com/portfolios/70411-workers-leaving-the-googleplex

or

http://bit.ly/jqXY5x

There is a video of the workers leaving the building on the
Google campus.  The entire transcript of the video appears on the
blog.

The creator of the video and blog was a contractor working at
Google. He expressed interest in the low-status staff (also
contractors) who did the actual scanning.  In so doing, he
violated a Google security protocol and was fired.

I would like to know more about this story.

Joe Esposito