Problems with Euromonitor

We seem to be having a great deal of difficulty negotiating an
agreement with Euromonitor.

They seem to be under the impression that libraries can prevent
walk-in users from accessing library resources, or that libraries
can set up dedicated computers.

I had thought most publishers were well past this kind of
nonsense.

We, like every other library I know, already require all patrons
to authenticate into the University's secure network, even for
the computers in the library.

This means that walk-in users are not able to simply sit down at
a library computer and have immediate access to all of the
library's online resources.  I would have thought this was an
adequate compromise.

Has anyone else out there experienced this same problem with
Euromonitor?

Please feel free to reply to the list if you have any advice for
us, or to reply to me off list if you feel more comfortable with
that.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer us!

Lila (Angie) Ohler
Head of Acquisitions
McKeldin Library
University of Maryland