non-negotiation license question

A major publisher from whom we purchase 15% worth of our serials
has told us that our single non-serial purchase from them will be
covered by a new non-negotiation policy license which will only
require our signature.

This "non-negotiation" license is indeed the publisher's standard
license. The license itself references nothing having to do with
"non-negotiation"

The publisher won't answer questions about their policy, so we
find ourselves considering cancellation of this valuable
resource, because of such low quality customer support and
awareness.

Has anyone recently encountered any similar situation?

Thanks,
Matt Person

Matthew Person
Technical Services Coordinator
MBLWHOI Library
MBL Center for Library and Informatics

www.mblwhoilibrary.org
The MBLWHOI Library is a founding member of
the Biodiversity Heritage Library
www.biodiversitylibrary.org