RE: license requirement to expunge data, post termination

This is very much like language that used to be in the contracts
we had when we were locally-loading A&I databases. Then it made
sense because we had all that content on our servers so, if we
didn't renew, it was understandable that the vendor/publisher
wanted to be sure we expunged all the data we'd received so it
would no longer be accessible to our users. It this day and age,
how can anyone expect libraries to know where pieces of data
downloaded from online resources are residing?

Obviously the lawyers and the techies aren't in sync at this
company.

- Michele

~NOTE EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGE TO FCLMIN@UFL.EDU

Michele Newberry Assistant Director for Library Services
Florida Center for Library Automation 352-392-9020
5830 NW 39th Avenue 352-392-9185 (fax)
Gainesville, FL 32606 fclmin@ufl.edu