Re: open access to dissertations

Well, that would be good, if that is actually what is happening.
And, as I've said, it may be the best thing i can say about PDA.
We'll see over time if revised dissertations continue to do more
poorly in the market than other books. If PDA works as it should,
they shouldn't do any worse.

Sandy Thatcher

P.S. I should add perhaps, to be fair, that there are of course
many, many highly specialized and narrowly focused dissertations,
and i don't mean my claim for the value of dissertations to
extend beyond those that have been successfully revised. I just
want to push the case that books based on dissertations should
not be discriminated against just because of their origin.