Introducing Taylor & Francis Online

We are pleased to introduce Taylor & Francis Online - the new
online platform for Taylor & Francis journals and reference
works.

In collaboration with librarians, researchers and scholars we
have designed Taylor & Francis Online to meet the varied needs of
our user communities. Our new platform will bring knowledge to
life with:

- A clean, intuitive user interface

- Enhanced discoverability for journals and reference works

- Flexibility on how and when you access content -take knowledge
on the move with our Blackberry, iPhone and Android Applications

- A wealth of features to allow librarians to manage
authentication, usage statistics and linking

Our new platform will be launched in the coming months and will
replace access to the 1,600 journals and reference works
currently on informaworld. Initially our A&I and bibliographic
databases will remain on informaworld, before being transferred
to Taylor & Francis Online at a later stage.

Why we are changing our platform from informaworld to Taylor &
Francis Online

In short - we are changing because we listened to our customers.
We talked to various customer groups, including librarians,
editors, authors and society partners to get feedback on what
they felt about the informaworld name. The consensus was that a
name that more closely relates to Taylor & Francis Group and our
imprints would be preferable to informaworld, and when
alternatives were put to customer vote, the favourite was Taylor
& Francis Online

Although there may be some initial work for our library customers
as they embed the new name in library catalogues, we are working
to minimize the impact this will have, and have created an FAQ
document which is available to view at
http://resources.tandfonline.com/documents/library-faqs.pdf to
help address any of our library customers' queries.  Many of the
features on Taylor & Francis Online will feel very familiar to
our users but with added benefits.  Quality, reliability and
accessibility will remain at the core of our online platform
provision when we migrate to Taylor & Francis Online.

Getting started

To ensure the transition to Taylor & Francis Online is as smooth
as possible, we will be keeping our customers updated with
developments between now and go-live. Our plan is to minimize the
impact of the transition, leaving our customers with very little
to do but enjoy our new platform. We have created a transition
site at www.tandfonline.com where we have posted FAQs, and will
update this with canned demos and details of training sessions.

Follow developments on Twitter at @TandFOnline.

With best wishes,

Jennifer McMillan
Head of Library Marketing & Communication
Taylor & Francis Group Journals