Future of the Book Conference July 21-22, 2011

Apologies for cross-posting

Florida State University Libraries and the Panhandle Library
Access Network (PLAN) are hosting The Future of the Book
Conference July 21-22, 2011 in Tallahassee, Florida. Please
reserve these dates. I want to encourage you and your colleagues
to consider attending and to also submit a program proposal.
Program proposals are due May 1, 2011. Additional information can
be found at:

http://www.lib.fsu.edu/TheFutureOfTheBook/

The following featured speakers will be presenting:

*Elaine Treharne, History of Text Technologies faculty at Florida
State University and expert on the history of the book.

*Bob Stein, founder of The Institute for the Future of the Book,
a think & do tank aimed at exploring and influencing the
evolution of new forms of intellectual expression.

*Lou Pitschmann, Dean of Libraries at the University of Alabama.

Some components of the website are still under development so
keep an eye on it for updates. We anticipate the registration
cost to be $100. Let me know if you have any questions.

Roy Ziegler
Associate Dean for Collection Development
The Florida State University
University Libraries
116 Honors Way
Tallahassee, FL 32306
rziegler@fsu.edu
(850) 644-3022

Apryl Price
Electronic Resources Collection Management Librarian
The Florida State University
University Libraries
116 Honors Way
Tallahassee, FL 32306