DOAJ - new interface & 6300 journals, 500.000 articles

*****Apologies for cross-posting******

For Immediate Release March 28, 2011

We are pleased to launch the new DOAJ interface
(www.doaj.org<http://www.doaj.org>) and as well that DOAJ have
passed new milestones. Now there are more than 6300 journals from
more than 110 countries in more than 50 languages in the DOAJ.
More than 2500 journals are providing metadata on article level,
which means that more than 500.000 articles are searchable from
DOAJ.

We are pleased to see constantly increasing usage of the service,
both directly on the site and most importantly due to increasing
harvesting activities from the server.

Due to support from our sponsors and members we have been able to
add more journals during 2010 than ever before. But there is
still much work to do - so please consider joining almost 100
universities/research centers and the 15 library consortia on our
membership list -
http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=membership&uiLanguage=en.

On behalf of the DOAJ-team

Anna-Lena Johansson