Re: Google settlement rejected

Jim is right about the problem, but it must be added that the
Google solution was not the right one. The solution for orphan
works should come from a legislative effort, and not from a
side-effect of a global agreement that did not even include all
the stakeholders (e.g. the readers, the educators, etc.). I
believe Pam Samuelson and Bernard Lang have written important
pieces about orphan works.

Jean-Claude Guedon

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704461304576216923562033348.html