Keeping one's eye on the PostGutenberg ball

On 2011-03-21, at 9:34 PM, Joseph Esposito wrote:
> The saga of logging into Logos to get access to the Gordon Graham
> festschrift goes on.  It's clear that Brill (the publisher) and
> Ingenta (the hosting service) have made a mess of this.
>
> Listmember Diane Costello has hunted down a better URL:
>
>http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/brill/logo/2010/00000021/F0020003/art00003;jsessionid=3D3m8hpb5jfhi13.alexandra

> Thank you, Diane, for sending this to me, and my apologies to all
> those who have been frustrated in their attempts to read WHAT WAS
> SUPPOSED TO BE AN OPEN ACCESS ARTICLE!
>
> (Was it as hard to get to Professor Harnad's article, also
> theoretically OA, in the same issue?  Conspiracy theory, anyone?)
>
> Joe Esposito

Try  http://eprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/21818/
OA since 20 Dec 2010 10:51 (as a google search would immediately
have told anyone looking....)

Stevan Harnad

PS It's not just non-self-archiving authors (and their
non-mandating institutions and funders) who've lost sight of the
PostGutenberg ball's trajectory: it's also would-be users who
prefer to search at the publisher's website (or central
repositories like PubMed Central) instead of webwide...