Further to earlier question (Genealogy)

More information concerning Greg Grossmeier's recent query on
this list:

Peter Brantley got back to me with some resources from his
archive on the question of what publishing companies acquired
what other companies.  Here are some links:

* http://people.brandeis.edu/~lamiller/publishers.html

* http://www.amazon.com/Oxford-Companion-Book-Michael-Suarez/dp/0198606532

* "A history of book publishing in the United States (1640-1980)"
by John William Tebbel

* http://www.worldcat.org/title/history-of-book-publishing-in-the-united-states/oclc/354115&referer=brief_results

* http://www.archivists.org/saagroups/bas/directory/corporat.asp

* Histories of U.S. Publishers. Russell Barnes, Hyde Park Books,
Idaho

* http://paperbarn.www1.50megs.com/publishers/PublishersAlph.htm

The resources themselves were recommended by Michael Cader, Jason
Allen Ashlock, and Gary Price.

Brantley's Read 2.0 list is invitation-only; the archive is
private. It is the single best resource I am aware of to keep
abreast of developments in ebooks.  Every commercial book
publisher monitors this list, as do countless tech companies.  I
recommend that someone in every library monitor this as well.
Peter is very good at extending invitations to librarians.  The
list has a decidedly commercial slant, so be prepared.

Joe Esposito