RE: Publisher Genealogy

I am sure there is a lot of information available from mergers
and acquisitions people who follow such changes of ownership but
I do not know where it is consolidated.

See http://www.bertolimitchell.co.uk/research.htm for one site
which has annual updates - not quite the same thing I know.

Unfortunately these lists are not entirely reliable because any
major acquisition involves some small scale disposals, which only
those involved in them may actually know about in detail. The
break-up of Chapman & Hall when the Thomson Corporation sold it
to Wolters Kluwer. The imprint (which is on some of Charles
Dickens's earliest work) was trashed by the Dutch publisher and
is only now to be seen on the statistics books of CRC Press.

At least that is my understanding and I am happy to be corrected.
I bet the fact that CRC Press bought and have successfully
continued to publish the very high quality statistics list of C&H
is just the sort of thing that probably does not appear on any
resource.

Anthony Watkinson