strange licensing experience

A major publisher sent me a license for an electronic resource,
and asked me to sign the fields they had highlighted for me, and
stated in writing that their licenses are non-negotiable.

I sent them a note asking them to clarify what they meant by
stating their licenses are non-negotiable, because the license
itself has clauses which speak of the negotiating process.

Am I missing something here? Should I try and contact someone
else at the publishing house, as maybe a single representative
does not understand the process. Have not yet heard from the
publisher, now five days since my response.

Any advice appreciated.

Matthew Person
Technical Services Coordinator
MBLWHOI Library