definiton of "commercial use" RE: Peggy Hoon on licenses

A few month ago I signed a License agreement with the Royal
Society of Chemistry, in which "commercial use" was defined in a
way most of us can agree on, I suppose.

Definitions, 1 b. "Commercial Use: the use of the Licensed
Material for the purpose of monetary reward (whether by or for
the Institution of an Authorised User) by means of sale, resale,
loan, transfer, hire or other form of exploitation of the
Licensed Material.

"For the avoidance of doubt, the use by the Institution or
Authorised Users of the Licensed Material in the course of
research funded by a commercial organisation is not deemed to
constitute Commercial Use. Recovery of costs is not being deemed
Commercial Use. "

Greetings
Joachim Meier
Dr.- Ing. Joachim E. Meier