From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu on behalf of Sandy
Thatcher
Sent: Wed 3/2/2011 5:54 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Peggy Hoon on licenses

While I agree about the general utility of CC licenses, I wish
someone could explain to me what the difference between
"commercial" and "noncommercial" use is. The CC itself conducted
a survey a couple of years ago and found little consensus beyond
a very small core of shared understanding of what the distinction
connotes. This is not just a philosophical concern, since very
real practical consequences depend on knowing the difference as
it applies to various publishing ventures.

Sandy Thatcher