Re: SAGE rolls out rewards program for all journal reviewers

I daresay that paying peer reviewers at market prices would also be
the nail in the coffin for monograph publishing. While university
presses and academic commercial publishers do pay faculty a modest
honorarium for reviewing book manuscripts, it is just that, an
honorarium, and not compensation at the rate the faculty would be
earning if their salaries were prorated to the time spent.

Sandy Thatcher

--
Sanford G. Thatcher
8201 Edgewater Drive

"If a book is worth reading, it is worth buying."-John Ruskin (1865)

"The reason why so few good books are written is that so few people
who can write know anything."-Walter Bagehot (1853)