PKP Conference

*Apologies for Cross-Posting**

We are pleased to announce the first confirmed speakers for the
Third International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference -
"Building and Sustaining Alternative Scholarly Publishing
Projects Around the World", which will be held from September 26
- 28, 2011 at Freie Universitaet Berlin, Germany.

Confirmed speakers so far include Anurag Acharya (Google
Scholar), Eelco Ferwerda (Amsterdam University Press), Gustavo E.
Fischman (Arizona State University), Melissa Hagemann (Open
Society Foundations), Sigi Jottkandt (Open Humanities Press), Ray
Siemens (University of Victoria), and John Willinsky (Stanford
University and PKP).

We cordially invite you to also consider attending this event, or
submitting a presentation proposal. We would also ask you to
share this message with any colleagues that you think might be
interested in participating.

Proposals (500 word maximum) should be submitted by March 15,
2011, using thesubmission guidelines and form
<http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs/pkp/index.php/pkp2011/pkp2011/about/submissions>available
on our web site. All proposals will be subject to peer-review and
you will be informed of a decision by June 1, 2011.

We would also like to note that there is an "early bird"
conference fee available until May 26, 2011.

More information, including the Call for Participation and
Registration form, is available on the conference website:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs/pkp/index.php/pkp2011/
<http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs/pkp/index.php/pkp2011/pkp2011>
<http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs/pkp/index.php/pkp2011/pkp2011>
We very much hope to see you in Berlin in 2011!

Yours truly,
PKP 2011 Conference Organizing Team

The Public Knowledge Project is a research and development
initiative directed toward improving the scholarly and public
quality of academic research through the development of
innovative online publishing and knowledge-sharing environments.
Located at the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser
University, and Stanford University, PKP has developed free, open
source software for the management, publishing, and indexing of
journals and conferences.  Software such as Open Journal Systems,
Open Conference Systems and Open Monograph Press increase access
to knowledge, improve management, and reduce publishing costs.
Over 8000 online journals worldwide are currently using the OJS
software.