Wiley announces the launch of Wiley Open Access

Hoboken, NJ, February 1st, 2011 -  Wiley announces the launch of
Wiley Open Access, a new publishing program of open access
journals.  The first journals will launch shortly, publishing
primary, peer-reviewed research in a range of broad-based subject
disciplines in the life and biomedical sciences, including
neuroscience, microbiology, ecology and evolution.

Wiley Open Access will provide authors wishing to publish their
research outcomes in an open access journal with a range of new
high quality publications which meet the requirements of funding
organizations and institutions where these apply.

"The development of Wiley Open Access is an example of our
commitment to offer authors the widest possible choice in
publishing with Wiley", said Steve Miron, Senior Vice President,
Wiley-Blackwell.  He added, "Wiley has a strong history of
innovation in journal publishing and we see this as a natural
extension of our service to our learned society partners,
authors, and the scholarly community in its broadest sense".

The new journals are being launched in collaboration with a group
of international professional and scholarly societies with which
Wiley currently partners.  Each journal will appoint an
Editor-in-Chief and Editorial Board responsible for ensuring that
all articles are rigorously peer-reviewed, and each journal will
be offered with the full functionality of Wiley Online Library.

Wiley Open Access journals will be published under the Creative
Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which permits use,
distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the
original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial
purposes. A publication fee will be payable by authors on
acceptance of their articles. Wiley will introduce a range of new
payment schemes to enable academic and research institutions,
funders, societies, and corporations to actively support their
researchers and members who wish to publish in Wiley Open Access
journals.

More information is available at:
www.wileyopenaccess.com<http://www.wileyopenaccess.com>
Or visit the Wiley Press Room here:
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-397743.html

Karen Halliday (Ms)
Senior Library and Institutional Marketing Manager
Wiley-Blackwell