Re: Journal rejection and acceptance rates

Many good questions here, and i will be interested in answers to
them. But I can't help observing that universities, like
journals, also advertise their acceptance/rejection rates of
applicants to their freshman classes, and the reasons may be as
varied as they are for journal acceptances/rejections. I.e., as a
measure of "quality," they are somewhat suspect. There are
parallels here to most of the questions asked below, e.g., are
people put on the waiting list counted as acceptances or
rejections?

Sandy Thatcher