Re: Interview with Springer's Derk Haank

"Nearly 400 of the titles had already been accessed by the end of
the 11 months (with 1300 user sessions and 18,000 page views).
This far surpasses the circulation activity we would expect for a
similar sample of print titles acquired on approval."

18.000 page views (in ebooks) account for simple browsing pages
and for real reading of valued pages. Browsing printed books at
the shelves also surpasses circulation activity. Also have we no
idea how many pages of loaned printed books got browsed and read.

If we compare on page level, usage of 400 printed (shelved or
loaned) books within 11 month will not be far less than 18.000.

Dr.-Ing. Joachim E. Meier
Head of Library
Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB)
38023 Braunschweig  GERMANY