An announcement from McGraw-Hill Professional

**Apologies for Cross-Posting**

An announcement from McGraw-Hill Professional
January 19, 2011

We would like to inform you that McGraw-Hill Professional has
decided to end its business relationship with the Knovel
Corporation in the academic market. Access to McGraw-Hill content
will be available to Knovel's academic customers that started or
renewed subscriptions in 2010 until either the end of their 2010
subscription or by December 31, 2011, whichever comes first.

McGraw-Hill greatly values the nearly century long relationship
we have with the engineering community, and we take great pride
in providing the core engineering content that engineers have
trusted and depended on for years. The decision to remove our
content from Knovel is based on a number of factors, including:

*Usage data: It is critically important that we receive usage
data that will allow us to fully understand and analyze how
customers are using McGraw-Hill content. Without an understanding
of customer usage, we cannot optimally revise and improve our
products for the international engineering community.

*McGraw-Hill engineering and technical content covers a wide mix
of engineering disciplines, many of which do not map to Knovel's
defined categories.

*McGraw-Hill engineering content is particularly relevant to many
small and mid-size institutions, many of whom find the cost of a
Knovel subscription prohibitive. McGraw-Hill is committed to
providing the best value to all of the markets we serve.

Looking ahead, a planned 2011 AccessEngineering 3.0 platform
upgrade will add additional search and multimedia
functionalities, including enhanced versions of some of our
leading engineering references. These enhanced versions will
offer analytical and search solutions to meet the needs of
students and professionals alike, and will support all levels of
research and innovation in the academic, corporate, industrial,
and government sectors.

Please feel free to contact Zach Bishard at
zach_bishard@mcgraw-hill.com or 1-877-840-2297 Extension 7 - if
you have any immediate questions. We appreciate hearing your
feedback and look forward to working with you going forward.

We also invite you to stop by and see us at the upcoming 2011
ACRL, ALA, ASEE, and SLA conferences.

Sincerely,

Michael McCabe
Senior Marketing Manager