Re: Interview with Springer's Derk Haank

Dear Sandy and Warren,

Warren says:

> I tend not to respond to set ups like this for fear that I will
> get inundated with responses that I do not have the time or
> inclination to deal with. So with that caveat, I will tell you
> that I am a librarian who has been involved with the licensing
> of e-resources for over 14 years and I agree with Derk Haank.

I am not a genuine librarian, but have been involved in e-journal
etc licensing negotiations since 1999, in the other side of your
world in the geographical and perhaps in the historical sense.
I agree with Warren, who agrees with Derk Haank.  The Big Deal is
the best invention as we can imagine.

Best,

Syun

Syun Tutiya
Professor of Cognitive and Information Sciences, Chiba University
Address: Faculty of Letters, Chiba University
1-33 Yayoicho, Inageku, Chiba, Chiba, 263-8522 JAPAN
Phone: +81-43-290-2277(office), 3530(center), 2278(FAX)
Email: tutiya @ kenon.l.chiba-u.ac.jp