Re: Author copyright issue (SLEEP)

Sandy,

Can you give us any authorities for the proposition that a party
who holds less than exclusive rights has no standing to sue to
defend the rights they do hold?  If that were true I would expect
many fewer lawsuits in the IP realm than we actually see.  As I
recall standing, a plaintiff simply has to show real injury to
their legitimate interests, which even a licensee should be able
to show in some instances.

Kevin L. Smith
Director of Scholarly Communications
Duke University