Re: End of Free Access in Bangladesh - Springer

I have received the message below from David Elek from Springer
letting me know that all is not as clear-cut as the BMJ news item
makes out.  I am pleased to see that Springer has been supplying
access to journals in Bangladesh through the INASP programme and
that there is no change to this.  Springer has also issued a
press release on the matter:

http://www.springer.com/about+springer/media/pressreleases?SGWID=3D0-11002-6-1067521-0

I very much hope that the other publishers mentioned will be able
to give us similar reassurances and it will turn out that this
has been a misunderstanding.

My apologies to Springer for taking the article at face value.

David

Begin forwarded message: