Re: Author copyright issue (SLEEP)

Andrew:  Although I have no experience with Sleep, I do have
experience with publishers saying that they will not publish a
work unless they own copyright in it.  Some responses that have
worked on their own or in combination with each other:

1. What do you plan on doing with the work?  (That way you may be
able to provide the necessary rights and retain others for
yourself.)

2. I understand your reason for this, but I would like to discuss
it directly with your lawyer and discuss how we can work around
this. (Often a lawyer can find a solution rather than blindly
following a publisher's regular policy.)

3. I will license the rights you need and you will be able to do
what you need with the work.

Lesley Ellen Harris
lesley@copyrightlaws.com
Copyrightlaws.com