Re: Author copyright issue (SLEEP)

Hello Andy,

I have tried to append the SPARC addendum to articles that I
published with a Taylor Francis journal and with a Wiley journal.
In each case, the publisher refused to accept the amendment.

In each case I was adament and refused to publish unless I had a
clause in the contract that explicitly allowed me to post a copy
of the article immediately. In both cases, after some huffing and
puffing the publisher gave me explicit permission to post my
paper.

My own opinion is that it would be good if the UC required its
faculty to post their work immediately. No publisher is going to
pursue a policy that excludes all UC authors.

Cheers, Ted

Ted Bergstrom
tedb@econ.ic.ucsb.edu