multi-science news

2011 Package - Gathering Momentum

Virginia Commonwealth University, Curtin University of Technology
and Taiwan's National Cheng Kung University are among the latest
additions to the growing list of research institutions that have
signed up for Multi-Science Publishing's 2011 Special Package, a
collection of 27 peer reviewed journals plus backfile,
concentrating on engineering/applied science.

Comments Multi-Science Director Bill Hughes, "Libraries like this
product because we're good at creating unique content - there
are, for example, no other journals devoted to aeroacoustics, or
low frequency noise, or structural fire engineering, apart from
ours. So acquiring this package, along with the backfile, gets
libraries instant databases on topics where whatever other
information there is, is widely scattered and hard to find. Other
titles are attracting interest because of the way policy drives
research. For example, we have been publishing Wind Engineering
continuously since 1977, for years it was the only peer reviewed
journal, anywhere, on the technological aspects of wind energy;
suddenly, wind power research is being heavily funded by
governments around the world so this journal and its backfile is
now essential for many research libraries. And a number of our
titles add value because of their interdisciplinary nature: the
Journal of Healthcare Engineering, International Journal of
Emerging Fluid Sciences are used by researchers across a number
of different departments and departmental libraries, at no extra
cost. And on the subject of cost, as a privately owned company,
we don't have to profit maximize for the shareholders' benefit.
We can carry on doing what we have been doing for the last 50
years, facilitating the flow of information among scholars at the
lowest feasible cost - so at less than $5000 for 27 peer reviewed
titles plus backfiles, this offer surely ticks the box for
affordability, to say the very least."

For more information:

2011 Special Package - www.multi-science.co.uk/on-line_offer.htm

or contact

Bill Hughes, Director, Multi-Science Publishing +44 1277 224632,
email bill@multi-science.co.uk