RE: Terms subject to change

Thanks all for your input.  I've been able to make some headway
on this, mainly by being able to speak on the phone with the
organization's General Counsel.

The problem arose because they have an online Terms & Conditions
document, which gets incorporated into our signed Agreement, and
our solution lies in clearly distinguishing the two.  We had
thought the vendor wanted to be able to change the signed
Agreement; the vendor had thought we were asking them to never
change the online T's & C's.

What we were finally able to agree to is that the vendor can
change the online Terms & Conditions, but if they do and if it
conflicts with the signed Agreement, then our signed Agreement
will prevail, and that signed Agreement can only be modified in
writing and signed by both parties.  The exact language is still
in the works, but that's the gist of it.

Just thought I should let folks know that we were able to work
this one out with the vendor.

Thanks again,

C. Derrik Hiatt
Electronic Resources Librarian