From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Nat
Gustafson-Sundell
Sent: 22 December 2010 01:48
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Does Dramatic Growth of DOAJ Signal Success or Market
Dysfunction?

Please name names.

Regards,
Nat

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Sandy
Thatcher
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:25 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: Does Dramatic Growth of DOAJ Signal Success or
Market
Dysfunction?

But we all know (without mentioning names) that there are some
companies out there taking advantage of the low barriers to entry
in OA journal publishing to operate scam operations that are set
up to take from unwary authors. I wonder how many of these
journals are counted in the DOAJ total? Does DOAJ attempt to
verify whether a journal really is a legitimate operation?

Sandy Thatcher