Prosser on Davis

I don't agree with David Prosser that Phil Davis is intent upon
turning any metric on Open Access against itself.  Davis is hard
on all metrics, not just OA.  See his many posts on the Scholarly
Kitchen which touch on a range of issues where metrics are a
factor.  These are not all OA discussions.

I don't happen to agree with Davis's overall perspective (see
http://bit.ly/fKzObA) in that I am skeptical about the metrics
game regardless of who plays it.  But I don't see any reason to
doubt Davis's integrity in these matters.  Let's talk about what
Davis says, not about him.

Joe Esposito