RE: Google Books

Anyone who has used the Apple bookstore will have encountered a
similar lengthy click-on agreement. I actually was interested
enough to read the entire agreement, all 35+ pages of it, but
suspect that very few people do.

It is one thing to agree to the terms of a very short
non-negotiable agreement, such as one encounters frequently these
days. I have to say I worry about agreeing to something so much
more complicated. I know there has been some disagreement among
courts about the legality of shrink-wrap contracts.  I'm
wondering if there has been similar judicial questioning of
click-on agreements. Does anyone know?

Sandy Thatcher

--
Sanford G. Thatcher
8201 Edgewater Drive

"If a book is worth reading, it is worth buying."-John Ruskin (1865)

"The reason why so few good books are written is that so few people
who can write know anything."-Walter Bagehot (1853)