Re: French deal may break deadlock between Google and publishers

I haven't seen the agreement, but the press coverage (in the New
York Times and the Bookseller) indicated that Google would give
copies to Hachette (for non-commercial uses) and to the
Bibliotheque Nationale de France.

It's not clear where the books will come from -- US libraries?
Hachette itself? -- or how many Google has *already* scanned.

I also thought that publishers (US ones, at least) already had
the option of submitting a list of ISBNs to Google that would
then be excluded from their scanning, but perhaps I was mistaken.

Mary Murrell