Taylor & Francis Group and the American Fisheries Society announce partnership

Taylor & Francis Group and the American Fisheries Society
announce a winning partnership!

Philadelphia, 25th November 2010

The American Fisheries Society and Taylor & Francis are pleased
to announce a new publishing partnership between the two
organizations. As of 2011, Taylor & Francis will publish the six
AFS publications on behalf of the AFS:

*Transactions of the American Fisheries Society

*North American Journal of Aquaculture

*North American Journal of Fisheries Management

*Journal of Aquatic Animal Health

*Marine and Coastal Fisheries (an online-only, Open Access
publication)

*Fisheries magazine

Through their new partnership, the AFS and Taylor & Francis aim
to expand the global reach and readership of the six
publications, to achieve the highest possible levels of
accessibility through rapid publication and continued affordable
pricing, and to maintain the high quality of the publications'
content and presentation.

According to Kevin Bradley, President, Taylor & Francis USA, "The
quality content of the AFS titles, combined with T&F's
outstanding production and author services and our global
marketing and sales power, will certainly make for a winning
partnership. I am extremely pleased to be working with the
American Fisheries Society."

"The new partnership with a reputable publishing house, Taylor &
Francis, allows AFS to expand its services to its authors, users,
and library subscriber base," said Gus Rassam, AFS Executive
Director. "This partnership combines and builds on the deep
tradition of excellence for which AFS is known, with the global
reach and technological capabilities of Taylor & Francis."

In 2011 and beyond, the AFS and Taylor & Francis will continue to
offer the same subscription options that were available to
libraries in 2010, as well as offering access via the Taylor &
Francis Library http://www.tandf.co.uk/libsite/tandflibrary/
and access information can be obtained by contacting the Taylor &
Francis Customer Service Department at 800-354-1420 or
<mailto:Customerservice@taylorandfrancis.com> . Questions may
also be addressed to Aaron Lerner, AFS Publications Director, at
alerner@fisheries.org <mailto:alerner@fisheries.org> .

************************************

About Taylor & Francis Group

Taylor & Francis Group is part of Informa, one of the world's
leading publishers of academic journals. We are dedicated to the
dissemination of scholarly information, drawing on expertise
developed since first publishing learned journals in 1798. Taylor
& Francis now publishes 1,562 scholarly journals in association
with over 460 learned societies and scholarly institutions. We
operate from a network of 20 global offices, including
Philadelphia, Oxford, Melbourne, Stockholm, Beijing, New Delhi,
Johannesburg and Singapore.

For more information please contact:
Jennifer McMillan, Library Marketing Manager, Taylor & Francis Group
Journals
Tel:  +44 (0) 207 017 6000
e-mail: Library@tandf.co.uk