Re: initiative to standardize database stats?

Hi Mindy,

COUNTER does cover databases. Journals are covered by the JR
standard reports (e.g. JR1, JR2, etc.) while databases are
covered by the DB ones (e.g. DB1, DB2, etc).

http://www.projectcounter.org/r3/Release3D9.pdf

DB reports are a little harder to analyze compared to journals as
you can more easily see the cost benefit in journals because
there is document delivery. That is, if you see a low cost per
view, you know the subscription is helping your patrons and
saving you money.

Regards,
Ian Connor
Pubget.com <http://corporate.pubget.com/services/paperstats> Inc

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Pennington, Mindy
Mindy.Pennington@pfizer.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone know if there is an organizational initiative to
> standardize database statistics-like COUNTER compliant journal
> stats?  Logins, queries, searches, cumulative time spent
online,