Why We Can't Afford Not to Create a Well-Stocked National Digital Library System

Interesting blog post on The Atlantic magazine web site by David
Rothman, "the founder of TeleRead, the oldest English-language
site offering general e-book news and views."

"Might the time have finally come for a well-stocked national
digital library system (NDLS) for the United States? That's the
topic of this essay, and many of the same concepts could apply to
other countries, including Canada, the UK, France, Germany,
Italy, Australia, Japan, China, India, Brazil, and various other
nations. Perhaps national digital library systems could
interconnect, forming a global one. But for simplicity's sake and
reasons of self interest, I'll focus here on a digital system for
the United States."

Full text at: http://bit.ly/dz23Rj

Bernie Sloan