Re: Budget cuts in the UK

Joe

There is already a spread to other jurisdictions.  The European
University Association reported back in May on the scale of cuts
across Europe:

http://www.eua.be/fileadmin/user_upload/files/Newsletter_new/economic_crisis_19052010_FINAL.pdf

Unfortunately the report is now rather out-of-date as the size of
the UK cuts will be greater than those reported.  We do not yet
know how the cuts will effect individual universities (but there
is speculation that not all will survive the financial crisis) or
individual libraries.  But it is clear that with massive cuts it
will be impossible to maintain current levels of acquisitions at
current (let alone increased) costs.

David

David Prosser
Executive Director, RLUK