SAGE and Institution of Mechanical Engineers announce ...

SAGE and Institution of Mechanical Engineers announce landmark
publishing deal for journals program

London, UK (September 23, 2010)-SAGE and the Institution of
Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) yesterday announced a unique
long-term partnership arrangement that SAGE will publish all 18
of the Institution's academic journals, including the 16 highly
respected Proceedings of the Institution.

The Proceedings of the IMechE are 16 journals covering a broad
range of engineering disciplines:
. Journal of Power and Energy - Part A
. Journal of Engineering Manufacture - Part B
. Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science - Part C
. Journal of Automobile Engineering - Part D
. Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering - Part E
. Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit - Part F
. Journal of Aerospace Engineering - Part G
. Journal of Engineering in Medicine - Part H
. Journal of Systems and Control Engineering - Part I
. Journal of Engineering Tribology - Part J
. Journal of Multi-body Dynamics - Part K
. Journal of Materials: Design and Applications - Part L
. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment - Part M
. Journal of Nanoengineering and Nanosystems - Part N
. Journal of Risk and Reliability - Part O
. Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology - Part P

In addition SAGE will publish:

. International Journal of Engine Research
. Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design

Effective immediately, all 18 titles will transfer to SAGE.
IMechE's publications team will also move to the SAGE offices
based in Old Street, London.

"Working with SAGE enables us to take the IMechE's already hugely
successful journals to a new level. It will extend their global
reach and appeal" said Jacki Heppard, PEP Managing Director and
IMechE Commercial Director, "and our journals will thrive in
SAGE's high-quality academic publishing environment. Together we
look forward to significant growth for all aspects of the
Journals business and to even greater service towards our mission
of improving the world through engineering."

"This is a truly landmark agreement between SAGE and the IMechE,"
said Stephen Barr, Managing Director, SAGE. "SAGE already
publishes some of the world's leading engineering and material
sciences journals, including International Journal of Robotics
Research, Journal of Composite Materials, and Textile Research
Journal. With the IMechE journals, we now offer some of the most
used and highly cited titles across these disciplines."

As a result of the agreement, SAGE will now publish a collection
of 49 engineering and materials sciences journals, making it the
third largest publisher in the Mechanical Engineering category of
the Journals Citation Report 2009.

"Our relationship with the IMechE is made possible by our shared
values," said Blaise Simqu, CEO, SAGE. "The IMechE was founded on
the premise of creating and disseminating usable knowledge, a
vision strongly aligned with SAGE's own mission. As we look to
broaden the reach of these journals to an increasingly
international research base - notably India and China - SAGE is
extremely well placed to ensure that these journals thrive as
part of our global publishing portfolio."

###

The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) was established
in 1847 and has some of the world's greatest engineers in its
history books. It currently has around 90,000 members in 120
countries representing mechanical engineers involved in a
diversity of fields such as the automotive, rail, aerospace,
medical, power and construction industries to name a few. Visit
www.imeche.org for more information.

SAGE is a leading international publisher of journals, books, and
electronic media for academic, educational, and professional
markets. Since 1965, SAGE has helped inform and educate a global
community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students
spanning a wide range of subject areas including business,
humanities, social sciences, and science, technology, and
medicine. An independent company, SAGE has principal offices in
Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore and Washington DC.
www.sagepublications.com

Members of the media qualify for free access to this and 560+
other SAGE journals. Contact Jim Gilden (jim.gilden@sagepub.com)
for further information.

Press contacts:

Jim Gilden