Re: p-books persist

I participate in another mailgroup (mostly people involved in
commercial ebook matters) where from time to time readers post
anecdotal surveys of reading in public places.  One of the more
interesting items to me is the number of people in planes who read
long-form text (you can't always tell if it is a book or something
else) on laptops.  The availability of excellent apps for the Kindle
and Nook make this increasingly appealing.

I don't think it is realistic to expect that people will read "better"
books than they do now just because they have ereaders.

And Jane Austen, of course, is chick lit.  I suppose Melville is for
the motorcycle crowd.

Joe Esposito