Re: For Sandy Thatcher: A Sample of Copy-Editing

I think you missed my point, Stevan. I wasn't making any claims about
copyediting standards. But to the extent that Green OA involves NO
copyediting at all, how can universities claim with a straight face
that poorly written articles enhance their reputations by being
freely accessible online? Are universities not judged by standards of
writing as well as standards of research quality? Or is it just
generally assumed that professors can't write well anyway and are not
expected to do so?