Re: p-books persist

I agree about cabbies. A recent cab ride in Toronto allowed me to
discuss the British health system with an M.D. from Pakistan, who
had once worked there--and was driving the cab.

More to the point, I'd be curious if Jim takes note of what the
people on the planes and trains are reading, whether on screen or
in print form. I'd be more encouraged if they were reading
serious nonfiction or the best of recent novels, rather than
chick lit (sorry if I've offended anyone).

Sandy Thatcher