Re: BioScientifica Prices 2011

> Price increases on Online subscriptions for all journals will
> be kept well below inflation, at only 3%, even where journal
> content or frequency is set to increase significantly.

Out of interest, in what part of the world is 3% 'well below'
inflation?  If I'm reading the figures correctly US CPI rose 1.2%
in the 12 months to July 2010 and in the Euro zone 1.4% in the
year to June 2010.  We're doing less well in the UK, where the
CPI to July 2010 was 3.1%.  China also saw a rise of 3.1%.  Of
course, 3.0% is below 3.1%, but 'well below'?

(And I'm not even opening the debate as to whether general
inflation is a reasonable measure in a world of falling library
budgets!)

David

David C Prosser PhD
Executive Director, RLUK