Change in editorship of The Serials Librarian

**apologies for cross-posting**

Dear all,

Summer 2010 marked the retirement of Jim Cole, both from
librarianship at Iowa State University and from his editorship of
the peer-reviewed journal published by Taylor and Francis, The
Serials Librarian.

Now co-editing SL are Louise Cole from Kingston University, UK
(no relation to Jim!) and Andrew Shroyer of California State
University at Los Angeles, USA.

We are looking for submissions of new content for SL, and any
thoughts you may have about the nature of the journal or
directions for the future.

Please forward any articles you have authored for SL (as well as
your thoughts) to our shared email address:
editorserialslib@gmail.com.

We are also looking to extend the membership of the Editorial
Board to include more UK-based practitioners (librarians,
publishers, or intermediaries are all welcome).  If you feel you
would like to be part of the SL team going forward, please
contact us.  We are also looking to launch some new columns so
again, if you have an idea which might work in SL, send us an
email.

This is a time of exciting developments and milestones in the
evolution of journals and serials.  The continuing transition to
electronic forms, the devising of big package deals for providing
serial publication content (plus the issues involved in managing
these deals), the struggle to adapt the library organisation to
the demands of e-resources, the advent of open access journals,
and the testing of RDA, for instance, are all unsettling and
exhilarating processes for serials librarians.

We would like to ensure that The Serials Librarian provides its
readership with relevant readings, knowledge of breakthroughs,
good practical pointers and a forum for healthy debate of all the
issues.

This is a first effort at editing a journal for each of us.
Thank you for your support as we manage this transition.

Louise and Andrew

Louise Cole
Senior Information Advisor (Collections)
Nightingale Centre, Kingston Hill Campus
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Surrey  KT2 7LB
louise.cole@kingston.ac.uk