Re: ebook acquisition collectives

I second Joe on this. Although there may be exceptions, I think
most university presses would cringe at a description that has
them publishing books mainly to be bought by libraries. They
would associate that with the a prior stage in their development,
some twenty years back. They, I believe, now see themselves as
publishing to the trade and to students and individuals in the
academic penumbra. And the idea that they might sell off a large,
contested bundle of rights to libraries strikes me as unlikely,
especially given that their boards are full of trade folks. I,
however, can imagine them managing their truly specialized
monographs via electronic databases with a print-on-demand option
because (1) such books are precisely what they are *not* focused
on and (2) it might be a way of lowering overhead on the
monograph publishing.