AIP replaces five-year backfile with online access back to 1999

Please excuse cross-posting.

Dear Colleagues:

AIP recently announced a new backfile policy to our subscribers:
Beginning January 2011, online subscriptions to our core titles
would include a backfile extending to 1999, the first year that
AIP content was "born digital."

I am pleased to announce that AIP is implementing this policy
early. As of Monday, August 2, we extended access back to 1999
for the following archival journals:

Applied Physics Letters
Journal of Applied Physics
Journal of Chemical Physics
Journal of Mathematical Physics
Physics of Fluids
Physics of Plasmas
Review of Scientific Instruments

Subscribers continue to have the option to add the full archive
of each title, for a modest additional fee, back to Vol.1, No. 1,
dating back as early as 1930. Pricing information for 2011 is
posted at: http://journals.aip.org/aip_2011_prices.pdf

For those institutions interested in owning a permanent archive
of AIP journals, we also offer the AIP Digital Archive for a
one-time fee.  Prices are based on tiers, so please contact us
for a quote, at <subs@aip.org> or call 1-800-344-6902 or
+1-516-576-2270. A companion product, The Physics Today Digital
Archive, is also available from AIP.

We would like to thank the many librarians who, over the years,
have guided us to this new policy.

Regards,

Bruce Shriver
Senior Marketing Manager