More than 25 million records in BASE

Dear all,

we are proud to announce that BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search
Engine) has crossed another hurdle and includes now more than 25
million records from more 'than 1.720 repositories worldwide.

We added about 3 million records this year or about 14.200
records per day, while the number of repositories increased in
2010 about 22 % until now. From our point of view it is
remarkable that more and more journals deliver content via
OAI-PMH (especially journals using OJS), which is another
evidence for the growing importance of open access in scholarly
communication.

For further information please visit:

http://www.base-search.net

Kind regards