RE: question re: end users indemnifying publisher/vendor

Here is some language that has been developed:

The liability of the [Licensee] and its obligations to [OTHER
PARTY] resulting from any claim, loss, damage, liability or
expense directly or indirectly occasioned by or arising out of
this Agreement or any activity which is the subject of this
Agreement, based upon any act or failure to act on the part of
any employee or agent of the [Licensee], shall be determined
under the Federal Tort Claims Act or other Act of Congress, as
applicable.

The [Licensee] will have the right, at its own expense, to
participate in the defense of any claim.

Recovery [BY THE OTHER PARTY ]of attorney fees shall be
determined on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the remedy
provisions of applicable federal statutes, including the Equal
Access to Justice Act.

Keri

Keri L. Price
Special Collections Coordinator