From: Heather Morrison [mailto:hgmorris@sfu.ca]
Sent: 01 July 2010 07:35
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Dramatic Growth of Open Access: June 30, 2010

The June 30, 2010 issue of Dramatic Growth of Open Access is now
available:
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com/2010/06/dramatic-growth-of-open-access-june-30.html

Highlights this quarter:

OA policy continues to be the lead growth story; both
institutional and total mandates have more than doubled over the
past year.  DOAJ has had a great quarter, passing the milestone
of over 5,000 journals, meaning that about 20% of the world's
peer-reviewed journals are now OA, and adding more than 3 titles
per day over the quarter (2 titles per day over the past year).
BASE added 1.5 million documents, or about half a million per
month. Bjork et al reported in PLoS One that about 1 in 5
articles published in 2009 are now OA.

Heather Morrison, MLIS
The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com