Announcing new libraries in CLOCKSS

Announcing New Libraries in CLOCKSS

The CLOCKSS Community-Governed Archive Grows Fast

The CLOCKSS community of libraries has grown rapidly in the first
half of 2010, with 21 new libraries supporting the archive
already this year. The libraries to join in the past six months
include Oxford University, University of Utah, Vassar College,
University of British Columbia, and the European University
Institute, as well as members of the COPPUL consortium in Canada
and the VIVA consortium in Virginia.

Since it was incorporated in October 2009, CLOCKSS has expanded
its community to 60 libraries worldwide, with eleven archive
nodes at major libraries in North America, Europe, and Asia.

CLOCKSS is a dark archive governed by the community of
participating libraries and publishers. All supporting libraries
have a seat on the CLOCKSS Advisory Council and help steer the
archive's strategy and policies. In the words of Vic Elliott,
University Librarian at the Australian National University and
one of the CLOCKSS Founding Librarians: "Together we decide our
own future - it is not decided for us."

The new CLOCKSS supporting libraries are:

-In the U.S.

- Bates College
College of William and Mary
Emory & Henry College