Royal Society Publishing announcement re. Open Access

Royal Society Publishing and Open Access

***Apologies for cross posting***

In keeping with our role as the UK's national academy of science,
The Royal Society is committed to the widest possible
dissemination of research outputs. Consequently, our own
publishing operation is one of the most open access of all
science publishers.

>From 2012 we shall implement a new and more transparent pricing
policy in which the price of each journal is tied to the number
of non-open access articles published in that journal and each
journal will publish the relevant article counts annually. We
recognise the legitimate concerns of the research community that
publishers of hybrid open access journals should take full
account of the income they receive from article charges when
setting subscription prices and believe that this model
represents a coherent and viable way forward.

For further information on our new and more transparent pricing
policy please visit:

http://royalsocietypublishing.org/site/authors/EXiS.xhtml#question2

All our content is currently free to access until 30 July 2010.

To celebrate a summer of science and the launch of See Further:
the Festival of Science and Arts, we are pleased to announce that
the Royal Society Digital Journal Archive will be freely
available to view until 30 July 2010. Our archive dates back to
1665 and contains in excess of 68,000 articles, from the first
ever article published in our oldest journal Philosophical
Transactions to the most recent interdisciplinary article
published in our youngest journal Interface Focus.

Access our archive today and remember that all articles are
completely free to access until 30 July 2010

Shania Khan,
Library Relations
Royal Society Publishing